JIHAD…THE true concept OF WHICH in today’s world has been misquoted…most of them think that if somebody is not following Islam..we should kill that person and for them that will be a jihad…
- JIHAD IS SPIRITUAL STRUGGLE WITHIN ONESELF AGAINST SIN
- A STRUGGLE OR FIGHT AGAINST THE ENEMIES OF ISLAM
- Jihad is NOT blowing up one’s self (Suicide is a sin in Islam).
- Jihad is NOT Holy War.
- Jihad is NOT killing innocent people.
- Jihad is NOT flying a plane into a building packed with civilians.
- Jihad is NOT fighting out of anger and hatred.
- Jihad is NOT killing others just because they don’t agree with you.
- Jihad is NOT killing others just because they are not Muslims.
Jihad has many forms:
- Jihad of the heart/soul (jihad bin nafs/qalb)
- Jihad by the tongue (jihad bil lisan)
- Jihad by the pen/knowledge (jihad bil qalam/ilm)
- Jihad by the hand (jihad bil yad)
- Jihad by the sword (jihad bis saif)
Who is a Holy Warrior?
According to the Quran, a martyr who died in the way of Jihad is
promised Paradise. But what are the criteria of martyr, or in other words,
what are the criteria of a Holy Warrior undertaking the True Jihad?
The most famous of all Hadith is the one regarding everything we do are
judged by our intentions; so as it is mentioned in the previous chapter.
So who is an example of a Holy Warrior?
Ali bin Abu Talib, cousin of Prophet Mohammed (s.a.w) and the fourth
Caliph of the Islamic Ummah is a good example.
During one of the battles, Ali was about to give a deathblow to an enemy
soldier. Just then, that enemy soldier spat at Ali. Ali then suddenly
stopped, threw down his sword and refused to kill that enemy soldier.
After the battle, Ali’s soldiers asked Ali why he suddenly stopped
and refused to kill that enemy soldier on the battlefield.
Ali explained that he got angry when that enemy soldier spat at him. So
if he had killed that enemy soldier right then, he would be killing out of
his own anger and no longer fighting for Justice. In the sight of Allah, he
would then be no different from a murderer.
Brothers and Sisters that is how we should see a Holy Warrior!